Re: [vox-tech] Linux for the Palm

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 01:56:13PM -0700, William Kendrick wrote:
> > Do I really want to run X on a PDA?
>
> For 'rapid application development' (not to be confused with "RAD" :) ),
> having X11 available makes things _so_ easy.
>
> Even the Yopy finally decided to drop W Windows or whatever it was
> using and go for regular plain old X11.  Having that kind of compatibility
> blows the doors open for development.
>
> I've already written four X11-based games for the thing (most in a span
> of about a week and a half, thanks to how easy development is... it's
> just a Linux box, for most practical concerns!), and began porting
> a pair of emulators (Atari 2600 game system and Atari 8-bit computer).

Yeah - I think Bill's pretty much proven beyond all doubt how
convenient X-based PDAs are for development.  He literally ripped off
these games in no time at all.  I was amazed at seeing his name at the
Linux Game Tome (which I peruse pretty much every day) about every
other day.  Eventually I realized that if it said 'Agenda' and 'Game'
together anywhere, I could pretty much count on 'Bill Kendrick' being
in there too.

> Anyway, for $180, this little PDA was a steal. :)

I am seriously lusting after that baby.

Micah