[vox-tech] Help! with gdm

I originally installed Debian using a redistributed version (Libranet --
pretty good, actually; easy installation).  I have tuned and upgraded,
and now it's a mishmash: the basic system is potato, but some parts are
woody, including gnome.

My problem:

When I log on, the gnome login display does an endless loop, and I have
to use the terminal option and run the Libranet script.  It's a kludge,
to say the least.  Earlier, I got the gnome login screen, and then got
the Libranet login screen, thus doing everything twice twice.  Then I
tried to set the gnome login so I'd just get the one.  Big mistake.  Now
it kicks back to gnome instead of running the Libranet login.

Any ideas would be gratefully received.

TIA

Cam

--