[vox-tech] mandb problem

Hi all,

My mandb in debian 2.2r3 won't update succesfully!

I've done a quick search on the web, but nothing has come up.

# mandb
Processing manual pages under /usr/man...
Checking for stray cats under /usr/man...
Checking for stray cats under /var/cache/man/fsstnd...
Processing manual pages under /usr/share/man...
Updating index cache for path `/usr/share/man'. Wait...mandb: bad fetch on
multi key free       3
mandb: index cache /var/cache/man/12042 corrupt

when I do mandb -d (for debugging):
# mandb -d
[...]
ult_src: File /usr/share/man/man3/frexp.3.gz
remove("/tmp/zmanoZaxSk")
The following command done with dropped privs
/bin/gzip -dc /usr/share/man/man3/frexp.3.gz > /tmp/zman5JEaX5
remove("/tmp/zman5JEaX5")
"frexp - convert floating-point number to fractional and integral
components"
frexp
found 2 extensions
multi key lookup (free  3)
mandb: bad fetch on multi key free      3
mandb: index cache /var/cache/man/12042 corrupt
#

/usr/share/man/man3/free.3.gz used to be a symlink to malloc.3.gz  I even
tried to remove the symlink and copied the malloc man page over without
any luck.

Help?  TIA, FL