Re: [vox-tech] Redirecting wget output to stdout?

On Wed, Jun 20, 2001 at 05:34:34PM -0700, Eric Engelhard wrote:

> Hrmph. For some reason I can't get file access with:
>
> lynx -dump -auth=ID:PASSWD ftp://server/file

The "auth" thing is really for password-protected HTTP pages.
(It answers the username/password question that normally appears as a
pop-up window in interactive, graphical browsers)

Maybe try:

  lynx -dump ftp://username:password@ftp.server.net/path/to/file

If you leave out the ":password" before the "@server", it will prompt you
interactively (probably not what you want in a non-interactive script :) )

If you leave out the "username[:password]@" altogether, it will, of course,
use "anonymous" as the username.

For all the gorey details, see:

  http://lynx.isc.org/current/lynx2-8-4/lynx_help/lynx_url_support.html#ftp