Re: [vox-tech] Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:02:08 -0700

Re: [vox-tech] Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:02:08 -0700

I had problems with overheating when I first got my K6-3 333MHz.  I have
a case fan and a CPU fan, and heatsink.  First the most obvious
question...Are you overclocked?  Second, are your jumper settings
right?  They may add up to 700MHz, but that doesn't mean they are
right.  I wasn't overclocked, and I didn't have bad settings.  My
solution was more obvious.  Like a dummy, when I put in my case fan it
was blowing the air back into the case (I didn't even know until I
started looking for problems) which not only doesn't help, but it makes
things worse.  You might check that.  After I took my case cover off to
fix these things, I left the case off.  I haven't had a problem since.
I'm not sure if it was the fan, or the cover.  Perhaps I'll put the
cover back on and see if it overheats.

        BRAD