RE: [vox-tech] Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:02:08 -0700

Yes, the FCPGA is a socket system.  I have thermal compound and an Intel
Heat Sink on the cpu.  Have you seen any copper heat sinks?

-Andy

Andrew S. Garbutt
Network Administrator
Center for Comparative Medicine
University of California, Davis
County Road 98 & Hutchison Drive
Davis, CA  95616

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vox-tech@franz.mother.com
[mailto:owner-vox-tech@franz.mother.com]On Behalf Of Gabriel Rosa
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 4:01 PM
To: vox-tech@franz.mother.com
Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 15:02:08 -0700

My K6-2 450 used to lock up on me during heavy cpu usage when I had just the
case fan and a tiny little fan on the chip.

I bought a bigger fan + heatsink combo, and attached it to the processor
with
some thermal compount and now it runs really nice and cool.
I think the heatsink + thermal compound are the real miracle workers here.
:)

I believe my total cost was around $20.

FCPGA is a socket system, right?

-Gabe