Re: [vox-tech] wtf?

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] wtf?
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@diMAPSrac.org>
  • Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 22:24:51 -0700

seems like that would be more of a function of wires and speakers than
soundcards?

the best antenna is a metal conductor the same length as the wavelength of
the signal you're trying to pick up.  barring that, you're looking for
integral fractions (1/2, 1/3, 1/4, ...) of the wavelength.  (this is for
standard straight line antennas.  i've never seen the calculation for other
types of antennas, but it stands to reason that a characteristic length of
the "antenna" is important, like the radius of coil).

on a totally unrelated note...

doug, henry and i had a demo at the coop today.  the pamphlets we were giving
out could really use some updating.  i'll volunteer to do it if i can get the
sdw document.  bill, i couldn't find it on the website.  it's a lugod
pamphlet with our logo on the front.  lists a typical meeting's agenda,
mentions the library, mentions the IRC channel (is that thing still being
used?).   doesn't mention the installfest, lert and the mailing list!

i'm thinking of making it dual sided with info that people want to know,
like dual booting.

bill, any idea where the document would be?

pete

begin: Gabriel Rosa <grosa@ucdavis.edu> quote