Re: [vox-tech] gimp - writing to transparent areas?

On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 12:01:11PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> When resizing the image resizes each layer?  That doesn't happen when I
> resize an image (I have to resize each layer.)  Any ideas?

What version of Gimp are you running, our of curiosity? :)
(In the newest versions, they've renamed the commands to
"Scale Image" and "Canvas Size" (under the "Image" menu), and
"Scale Layer" and "Layer Boundary Size" (under the layer->rightclick menu))

Perhaps it's a bug or inconsistency in the version you're using.
I highly recommend upgrading to Gimp 1.2, the new stable version.

Anyway, just to make sure I know what you're talking about, do you want to
'shrink' or 'grow' the image (and its contents; kinda like zooming?),
or simply change the size (adding a border, or cropping out stuff) of
the canvas that the image is drawn on?