Re: [vox-tech] HELP!! (happy now Peter? :P)

Re: [vox-tech] HELP!! (happy now Peter? :P)

     Gage,
     The only time I've had that happen is when I forgot to put in RAM or
plug in the video or plug in the motherboard power or put in a CPU after an
upgrade.  Been working inside your computer before this happened?

At 17:57 5/14/01 -0700, you wrote:
>well i had already been using a seperate video card besides my on-board one
>without any problems.  Also, the manual for my  computer said that the
>on-board is automatically disabled if it detects another video  card.  Well
     Pull the video card(s) out and plug into the onboard video!  If that
doesn't work, read the manual and clear (or reset) the CMOS (you backed it
up?).

>guess there's nothing I can do, seems like my  motherboard is dead (but i
>still hear all the sounds my bios makes *shrugs) well thanks for all your
     Your BIOS makes sounds?  All mine does is one beep, except for an old
486 that adds an extended raspberry sound when it does the RAM check.
     Are you getting POST beep codes?  This is usually either 2 short beeps
followed by n beeps, or one beep repeated once per second.

>help anyways everybody.
>-Gage

     Edwin