Re: C++ and Wide-Character Idents - was Re: [vox-tech] C Obfuscator

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Micah Cowan wrote:

> Yeah, I actually agree with him 100%.  What the hell would I do with
> source where all the identifiers are in freaking Arabic?

Assuming one can even display Arabic...  Even if you could grab a
friend to translate the code for you, you'd need to grab a program that
can display Arabic characters, which you'd have no idea where to start
looking unless you had a friend that can speak Arabic *and* is a computer
pro.  Ugh...

I have yet to see a program that can display all unicode characters.
Once that's in place (*if* they get it in place -- I don't think a
unicode-compliant program is required to be able to display all
characters, but just the portion of the unicode that's relevant for the
current locale) things would be much easier.

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/