Re: [vox-tech] C Obfuscator

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] C Obfuscator
  • From: Henry House <hajhouseMAPS@houseag.com>
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:53:42 -0700

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 08:01:05PM -0700, Micah Cowan wrote:
> For the curious - I thought somebody might be interested in this:
>
> http://www.cowanbox.com/obfuscate.c
>
> Which takes a C source file as input and outputs a completely correct
> C source file, identical except for the fact that all unnecessary
> whitespace has been stripped from it.  It also randomly replaces
> eligible characters with equivalent trigraph sequences.  For this
> reason, you'll need to make sure that gcc's trigraph support is
> activated or that it's running in ansi-conformance mode to correctly
> compile the output.

Very cool, Micah.

A slightly oblique question: does anyone know how to turn on national
language character support in GCC? ANSI C++ allows all sorts of national
characters in identifiers, but a simple test program:

        #include <stdio.h>
                int main(int argc, char **argv) {
                char * = "Hello, world!";
                puts();
                return 0;
        }

compiled with 'g++ -ansi' does not fly with GCC.

--
Henry House