Re: [vox-tech] ssh2 timeout

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Henry House wrote:

> Openssh and ssh1 don't do that as far as I know; I've had sessions open for
> days with no activity.
>
> Rather than a facist restriction in SSH2, could there be network trouble? Do
> you get any errot message? 'Connection reset by peer' or similar?

Actually, I get that when I leave a connection to the ISUN machines on
campus too long.  I tried unsuccessfully to add the KeepAlive option to my
ssh_config & ssh2_config, but it still doesn't work.  The man page seems
to say that if either the client or the server has this on, the connection
should not drop due to inactivity, but that is not the case.  Is there a
way to send KeepAlive packets without being root on the server?

TIA, FL