Re: [vox-tech] Converting raw AVI to MPEG?

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Converting raw AVI to MPEG?
  • From: Ted Deppner <ted@psybMAPSer.com>
  • Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 07:06:21 -0700

On Sun, May 06, 2001 at 10:16:06PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> Does anyone know of a good program to convert AVI files to MPEG1?  I found
> some odd package on Freshmeat but I can't make heads or tails of how to
> use it or what it's supposed to be (plugin, standalone, patch...?)

A quick search for 'avi2mpg' and 'avi2mpg linux' turned up more links than
I care to cut and paste.

You might also try sourceforge.net, as the relevance should be higher than
search on freshmeat.

And finally, a common site for VCD software (vcd's are an mpeg variant),
www.vcdgear.com.  Their product may do what you want, I don't remember
its details though.

--
Ted Deppner