Re: [vox-tech] My Apache/HTTPD hangs

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 03:26:36PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> I think I spoke too soon.  I cleaned up (commented out) my oracle connection
> stuff, but now when I try to start it, it core dumps (I get a core file in
> the pwd), no log file shows up, and when I run apachectl configtest it core
> dumps

The very first thing to do whenever these sort or problems happen is to check
the logfiles in /var/log/apache*. In my experience, the apache core is rock
solid, but the modules that are developed seperately from apache are less so
(i.e, mod_perl, mod_ruby, mod_php). mod_perl in particular is quite capable
of messing up apache's internal state very badly if given the right (wrong?)
perl code.

* Location may differ in your distribution. Value given is Debian value.

--
Henry House