Re: [vox-tech] perl question - variable holding a variable name

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 05:10:01PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> I was talking about PHP, actually (not Python).  In PHP, you can access
> global variables directly by using the variable "$GLOBALS", like:
>
>    $GLOBALS["James"] = "fool";
[...]

I'm a little confused here: what's wrong with just accessing globals in the
normal way?

Little-known perl fact: there are actually no real globals in perl. All
names exist in some package's namespace. What we think of as globals belong
to package 'main'.

--
Henry House