Re: [vox-tech] Dual-booting Linux and Windows 2000

Re: [vox-tech] Dual-booting Linux and Windows 2000

Dual booting Linux using NTLoader was successful. The steps were:

# Create a blank bootsect.lnx file of correct size

dd if=/dev/zero of=/bootsect.lnx bs=512 count =1

# Edit lilo.conf, set boot line to "boot=/bootsect.lnx",

vi /etc/lilo.conf

# Run lilo to write bootsector  to file

/sbin/lilo

# Edit lilo.conf, set boot line to "boot=/dev/hdb" If you don't do this, you'll
get 'L' when LILO tries to load

vi /etc/lilo.conf

# Run lilo to write bootsector to MBR on second disk

# Copy bootsect.lnx to C:\ -- I haven't had luck mounting an NTFS5.0 partition on
Linux

Thanks again! Hope this helps someone!