Re: [vox-tech] Dual-booting Linux and Windows 2000

Re: [vox-tech] Dual-booting Linux and Windows 2000

Check out VOSL, GUI and it boots anything.

http://www.xosl.org/

And it's companion partition manger.
http://www.users.intercom.com/~ranish/part/

- - Don Dunn

>>> "Mark K. Kim" <mkkim@ucdavis.edu> 04/03 4:23 PM >>>
I've seen a few NT systems that dual-booted with Linux.  In all cases,
I've seen them use Loadlin to boot Linux using NT's boot loader (NT's boot
loader boots DOS, and AUTOEXEC.BAT runs Loadlin, which in turn starts
Linux.)  But I've heard of a couple cases where Loadlin was not required.

What you might try is putting Lilo on /dev/hdb or /dev/hdb1, then telling
NT to boot /dev/hdb or /dev/hdb1; NT might be fooled into thinking it's
running DOS or some other more acceptable OS.  I'm not sure if this is
possible -- I got very little work with NT under my belt...

BTW, have you tried running NT with Lilo?  Just another wild idea...

-Mark

---
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/mark/