Re: [vox-tech] Re: PATH_MAX

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 11:22:19PM -0700, jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote:
> So, Henry, if you want to be "portable" and simple, use FILENAME_MAX, and
> assume your users will compile it in a standards-compliant environment.
[various other good advice snipped]

Ah, such is the nature of C. In my case, allocating 4k for a buffer should be
ok since there will be only a few of them. I can see this getting ugly fast
with >a few files, though.

Thanks Jeff, Mark, and Micah, the answers were more interesting that I
anticipated :-).

> Perl must be looking pretty good about now. :)

Indeed ;-).

--
Henry House