RE: [vox-tech] Off Subject and (Probably) Remedial Question

  • Subject: RE: [vox-tech] Off Subject and (Probably) Remedial Question
  • From: Cris Clausing <crisc@MAPSthevision.net>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2001 15:18:38 -0700

Jeff,  Thanks for the helpful pieces of information!

> 2)    a)  Has anyone else run into a similar problem?
Sounds like your data has errors, such that data type conversions are not
working.  Be sure you don't depend on Access to identify the data types in
the columns... it does a terrible job.
[Cris Clausing]  - Tried it.

> b)    Was it an issue with the Unix FTP program / interface ?
Sounds like not.  Omitting the "binary" option on the ftp transfer could
cause problems, but I learned about those ages ago.

[Cris Clausing]  - Will ask the guy doing the FTP process.

> c)    How did you resolve it?
Define tables with known column types, make sure they are empty, and
import the data again.
[Cris Clausing]  - Tried it.

> 3) Am I asking the wrong group?  Could anyone suggest a reference /
> web-site / book / ? (be nice)?
[Cris Clausing]         - Above link opens Netscape but can't see the news group.

> My Undying Gratitude !!!
First the minions of the evil empire, then the undead. Man, you are
scary! :)
[Cris Clausing]   - Honey, you don't know the half of it.