January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] mp3 help

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 03:23:40PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > although why they documented some of the more ... exotic features and not
> > THAT one is beyond me!
>
> I don't know about the version of mpg123 you guys have, but my version of
> mpg123 (0.59r) does document that feature:
>
>    % mpg123
>    See the manpage mpg123(1) or call mpg123 with --longhelp for more information.
>
>    % mpg123 --longhelp
>
> -Mark <-- who actually reads documentation :)

Huh!  Well, an option like that belongs in the manpage, not just under
--longhelp, which seems to me to be a pretty nonstandard option.  I
checked the manpage, and scanned the list of options provided by
--help (which normally ought to provide at least an exhaustive list of
supported options, IMO), so i missed that last sentence from --help.

Micah