Re: [vox-tech] Installing ksh

On Thu, Apr 19, 2001 at 05:31:52PM -0500, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Just recently: ksh is free, freely distributable, and the source is
> published.  check out www.kornshell.com

ksh may be free (as in beer), but the source code isn't (as in,
freedom), which I believe was Pete's point: It's open-source, but it
isn't free - among other things, you are *not* allowed to distribute
modified source (you have to produce seperate patches).

I'm nearly 100% positive that Pete is saying "free" as in liberated,
not "free" as in beer.  This is also my chief beef with ksh, which is
otherwise an excellent product.

Micah