Re: [vox-tech] Re: OpenBSD and Security

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Re: OpenBSD and Security
  • From: "Deja User" <unMAPSix_admin@my-deja.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 02:45:35 -0700

Oh... nevermind. However, I will take this opportunity to say that I personally
appreciate your ample contributions to this message board. I find your well-rounded
knowledge of *nix, your intelligence, and humor refreshing and highly informative.
Please keep up the great work! You serve as a great foil to Peter also, which is
always fun, since you are both highly intelligent individuals with sometimes similar
and sometimes varying viewpoints. It's nice to have differing viewpoints and persons
who can analyze situations from various technical and philosophical perspectives. It
helps us all understand things better. [insert favorite Austin Powers statement here]

>Ummm.... it's "skirts" with a 'k', not "shirts" with an 'h' :)
>
>-Mark
>
>On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Deja User wrote:
>
>> Peole who buy pink shirts suck eggs, blue shirts are far more secure,
>> scaleable and are easier to administer. I hear Korean blue shirts are
>> audited stitch-by-stitch to ensure the integritiy of the system if
>> someone attempts to hack one up. Given that the color of the shirt is
>> the only variable, I'd choose the blue shirt every time. It is my
>> understanding that blue shirts have been around far longer than pink
>> shirts and have justifiably proven their worth as measured by ROI.
>> Besides that, pink shirts are nothing but a variation on the basic red
>> shirt, which even in and of itself, is no match for a blue shirt. Pink
>> shirt buyers are hopelessly deluded. Sure, pink is splashy and new and
>> supports all the latest accessories, but blue shirts are well-known as
>> the standard for real-world use (they don't make work shirts blue for
>> no reason at all). ; )
>>
>> (Here's a Korean saying: If it's the
>> >same price, choose the pink skirt.)
>> >
>> >-Mark