Re: [vox-tech] [john_zie_99@yahoo.com: help needed]

i would just like to say that making the statement that one OS is "more
secure than another", at this level, is a fairly vacuous statement.

security is a process, not a state of being.  consider a dumb openbsd admin
and a smart linux admin and guess who has the more secure server?  what
happens to the bsd admin who leaves security alone for a year because he
knows he has "a very secure OS"?

there are also other issues.   linux SMP is lightyears ahead of bsd.
the only linux compatibility benchmarks i've seen come from bsd developers,
who have shown themselves to be ... well, wierdos.

pete

--
"Coffee... I've conquered the Borg on coffee!"               p@dirac.org
       -- Kathryn Janeway on the virtues of coffee           www.dirac.org/p