Re: [vox-tech] [john_zie_99@yahoo.com: help needed]

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] [john_zie_99@yahoo.com: help needed]
  • From: Rusty Minden <cloMAPSwnsinc@home.com>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 19:10:48 -0700

I would first ask why Red Hat? I must asume security is a major concern. If
you are used to BSD and want to use LINUX you may want to try Slackware.
Debian also make a greate distro. both can be downloaded or purchased online.
In regards to MySQL you can get it for both Slackware or Debian. First I
would suggest looking at the other two distros, but if your heart is set on
Red Hat go with 6.2 it is a better distro that 7.0 IMHO. Let me know which
you decide

Rusty Minden