January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] Trouble booting kernel =)

Re: [vox-tech] Trouble booting kernel =)

Hey Brad:

Here is a copy of my lilo.conf (which works with the newer kernels):

/etc/lilo.conf

##BEGIN
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
default=linux
message=/boot/message

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
        label=linux
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda7

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.2
        label=linux242
        root=/dev/hda7

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.3-pre4
        label=linux243
        root=/dev/hda7

other=/dev/hda1
        label=dos

##END

Maybe specifying explicitly the /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.3-pre4 has something to do
with it?  Anyhow, that's my suggestion, and my $0.02, if that helps.  Hope it
does.  When I recompiled kernel, I noticed that vmlinuz did change, but there
was some issue that made me specify the version with it (i don't remember what
the issue was).

Jan