Re: [vox-tech] Voodoo 3 3500tv under XFree86 4.01

On Thu, 22 Mar 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> why are you building mesa at all?  aren't the rpms good enough?
>
> glide is a library -- DRI is a method of hardware access.  you want "glide3"
> which is almost completely unsupported by games (and therefore, you'll play
> them with an opengl renderer like mesa).
>
> don't forget the tdfx module.

Ok, I have the tdfx module that comes with XFree4, I have dri support in the
kernel, I have the glide3 rpms installed along with the Mesa rpms.

When I try to run test3dfx

[root@monkey grosa]# /usr/local/glide/bin/test3Dfx
test00:
Clear screen to blue
2.60.00.0415
Resolution: 640x480
Press A Key To Begin Test.
video memory unprotecting
                         Segmentation fault (core dumped)

it tries to do something to my screen, and then it dies.
Everything else defaults to software rendering.

I then rebuilt mesa and made sure that it compiled with Glide support.
No change.

What am I missing here?

-Gabe

ps. why is this so difficult? I was under the impression that the voodoo
boards were well supported...