Re: [vox-tech] [no linux] High voltage circuits?

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote:

> > What's a _storage_ oscilloscope?  I don't want to kill any oscilloscope...
>
> Remembers transient events so you can analyze them after the fact.  Set
> the trigger, when it triggers, the trace is recorded on the screen, and
> you can see what happened.

Oh yeah... EUII has that...

> As for killing the scope... if you use 10x attenuating inputs you should
> have no problem.  Measuring wall voltage is a common application for
> oscilloscopes.

Cool.  We got that, too :)

> Ok... but 100W bulbs are "standard" too... you have to specify or
> overdesign. :)

Eventually, we'd want to use colored bulbs.  What are those rated at?  60W
seemed like the reasonable rating to use at the time of calculation (that
I messed up) but I probably shouldn't be assuming that, either.  Anyone
know?

> > > Compression connections are best for power transmission.
> >
> > What is that?
>
> Screw terminals... like on light switches.

Oh yeah... I'm using that :)  (I just do buncha things without knowing
what they're called :P)

Thanks Jeff, et al!

-Mark

---