Re: [vox-tech] linux/BSD on mac68k

     I use my PowerMac in the lab to read Mac 800k disks AND DOS 720k
disks.  Just this past weekend I transmogrified System 7.1 HD install disks
to 800k install disks to try out on a Mac Plus.
     Edwin

At 05:18 PM 3/20/2001 -0800, you wrote:
>way -- Mac can't read PC's 720K disks.  The 1.4M/1.44M disks are
>compatible (in raw format, they are identical disks -- 1.4M/1.44M are
>formatted disk capacities on Mac and DOS, respectively.)
>
>-Mark

     Eh, Jan, why don't you be more specific on what you are trying to do
and what target Mac model you are working on?  Are 1.4 MB images and
diskettes really necessary?  If it is so simple as formatting and copying
disk images to 800k DD diskettes, then go to your nearest PowerMac.
Macintoshes with a HD drive and > OS 7.5 read/write/format any 3.5"
DOS/Mac/ProDOS capacity.
     Oh, and I need to correct myself about Mac 512Ke/Plus/some SE's/Mac II
not being able to be hooked up to an external HD floppy drive:
http://www.lowendmac.com/compact/aehdplus.shtml
Still can't do it for Mac 128/512, though! (disclaimer: someone has already
made a hack to do that)