Re: [vox-tech] hdparm

Thanks for the help Foo and Pete!  I was thinking there was a way to put it in
lilo.conf as a boot param.   I guess not.  A startup script makes perfect
sense.

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> On Fri 16 Mar 01,  5:10 PM, Stephen M. Helms said:
> > Where do I setup the boot options for a hard disk?  I have checked the
> > kernel HOW-TO and man bootparam.  I have been using the following values
> > with hdparm successfully:
> >
> > hdparm -c1m16u1X34W1 /dev/hda
>
> be careful if this is a pentium I system.

This is a pentium I (75mhz, its my little libretto 50ct)  and I am trying to
squeeze every bit out of it that I can.  I can I test this reliably?  I rebuilt
the kernel earlier today with these options and it seems to be working just
fine :)  I shaved some more off the previous kernel (it is down to 680K
uncompresses and 404K compressed).

Stephen