Re: [vox-tech] Nameserver confusion with non-root users

Re: [vox-tech] Nameserver confusion with non-root users

>> every file has an owner and a group ownership
>> -rw-r--r--   1 root   admin   67 Dec  1 10:04 /etc/resolv.conf

Thanks to everyone who helped out on this. The very versatility of Linux
makes it a bit opaque to the beginner, but I'm starting to get a few
hints as to how things are pieced together. I very much appreciate both
the discrete suggestions with the nameserver problem and also the book
recommendations. I have an older copy of Matt Welsh's Running Linux left
around from a previous attempt to get Linux running on a now retired
machine, and it's proving to be a good introduction, once I get an idea
as to what to look for.

Larry