Re: [vox-tech] Nameserver confusion with non-root users

Pete said:
> glad to hear it worked out.  if you want to leave it this way, i suggest you
> change group of /etc/resolv.conf to "dialout", make sure your user account
> belongs to group dialout, and change perms on resolv.conf to rw-rw-r- (chmod
> 661 /etc/resolv.conf).

You mean 664. :)

Also, in case Larry doesn't know, to add yourself to a particular group,
open the "/etc/group" file as root, look for the line beginning with
"dialout", and add your username to the end of the line.

The form is typically:

  group:x:123:user1,user2,user3

Good luck!

<snip>
> ps- how many people here are watching the lone gunmen?  what do you think?

I got up and left after about 20 minutes.  It was pretty pathetic,
unfortunately.  The music... the interactions between the characters
(which can be a GREAT piece of humor to through in the middle of such
a mostly-serious series such as X-Files... but which is just tiresome
for a whole hour)... Yves...  ugh.

I hope the next episode is much better. :^/