Re: [vox-tech] cut and past under netscape - redux

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] cut and past under netscape - redux
  • From: Micah Cowan <micah@coMAPSwanbox.com>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:25:53 -0800

On Mon, Mar 12, 2001 at 11:25:20AM -0800, Robert G. Scofield wrote:
> I'm having a lot of problems with Netscape 6.0.  Here's the most
> recent.  I received your post in the NS email program, and when I
> clicked on the Opera URL above, the  program closed down.  Netscape 4.7
> would have opened the browser and taken me right there.

Don't use Netscape at all.  Use the latest version of Mozilla.  They
have fixed many of the bugs, and the speed issues in particular.
There are still many bugs remaining, but I have found it infinitely
more palatable than Netscape 6 or 4.7.  Especially since Netscape
4.7's table-rendering and style-sheet-rendering is severely broken.

I have seen Opera, but don't like the idea of paying for my browser.
And Mozilla is Free Software, which to me makes it go down real smooth
;)

Micah