Re: [vox-tech] compiling kernel's in debian?

Re: [vox-tech] compiling kernel's in debian?

Hi,

Sorry I have not replied sooner work has had me swamped during the day
and at night.  libncurses (I put this at the begining on purpose) did
the trick (thank you Peter).

To answer Bill and Pete's previous posts.  I do know how to use find,
locate and dselect, but I do appreciate the information and the detail
and most likely would not want us as a group to leave out detail.  It
can be of great help to new people.  I was basically being lazy in not
posting the error messages, because I was at work when I posted it and
did not have the time to setup the laptop then.

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> stephen, you need libncurses development files.  as in libncurses5-dev (or
> libncurses4-dev).

Yes, this did the trick.  When I was searching for ncurses5-dev I saw
libncurses5-dev and did not associate it with what I was looking for.
Laziness again as on the top screen in dselect it shows as libncurses-
only and you have to read below for the full description.

Thank you again,
Stephen