Re: [vox-tech] I don't have an .inputrc

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] I don't have an .inputrc
  • From: Micah Cowan <mMAPSicah@cowanbox.com>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 14:39:47 -0800

On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 04:39:20PM -0600, Jay Strauss wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I reinstalled RH6.2 on my machine, now it doesn't have an .inputrc file.  My
> keys delete & backspace keys don't do what I want.  Last time I fixed this
> by correcting the entries in my .inputrc
> file but it doesn't exist.
>
> 1) could someone email me a sample .inputrc
> 2) what permissions should it be?
> 2) why didn't this get created?
>
> Thanks
> Jay

.inputrc is usually not the place you want to put these things.  It's
usually how your /terminal/ interprets things - so .inputrc might fix
your bash line, but emacs in console mode on an xterm would still be
broken.

I think the info you want is at:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/BackspaceDelete/index.html

hth,