[vox-tech] Two big dumb questions

  • Subject: [vox-tech] Two big dumb questions
  • From: "Jay Strauss" <jjstraussMAPS@yahoo.com>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 20:42:19 -0800

I'm starting sun's Java tutorial

When try to run my first "helloworld" applet in my netscape browser,
Netscape pops up a message "you need to
download the java plugin".  So I dutifully download/install it.  Shutdown
browser/Startup browser, open my
page with the <applet> tag, "you need to download the java plug in" (rinse
and repeat).

How do I make Netscape aware of the new plugin?

When I run the applet using the applet viewer I get:
Font specified in font.properties not found
[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]

Font specified in font.properties not found
[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]

Font specified in font.properties not found
[--symbol-medium-r-normal--*-%d-*-*-p-*-adobe-fontspecific]

and lots more of the same

Which font do I need to find/install to make this go away?

Thanks

Jay

Jay Strauss
jjstrauss@yahoo.com