Re: [vox-tech] What's the real deal with network cards

Re: [vox-tech] What's the real deal with network cards

So am I the only one that does disagree?

What about Full duplex etc...?

I will give you an example I have several computers at home and some
with  more than one network card.  I donated a couple Kensington cards
to my wife's work and purchased a 10/100 switch for them.  I thought hey
they are only cheap cards.  My home network is a mix of 10MB cards and
100MB cards some with and some without full duplex support.  All of the
systems I setup at my wife's work are 100MB nic's with full duplex
support.  The short end of the story is that the network I setup for my
wife's work rocks and blows away my network at home.

So why is this a big deal?  Well I have two systems with Ati all in
wonder pro cards in them and I am looking into building another box as a
setup personal video recorder.  I would like to be able to stream video
to all of the other computers in my house.  For this I am sure the
network card does matter.

Stephen