Re: [vox-tech] ssh problem

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] ssh problem
  • From: Bill Broadley <bill@math.ucdavis.eMAPSdu>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 11:53:18 -0800

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 11:58:30AM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> can anyone explain why this isn't working?  i'm trying to ssh into
> pc10.cs.ucdavis.edu.  here is output using the verbose switch.  it looks
> like the remote host hangs up when it's supposed to give the server key.

I was told that cs doesn't want to support ssh, mentioned some
improbable explanation, and only allows root access (with ssh).

This from second or 3rd hand info though, take it with a grain
of salt.

Amusingly, for awhile this was just the opposite of legal usage
unless you pay a per machine license.  Student logins was
legal, but administrative use wasn't.