Re: [vox-tech] Sun UltraSparc 5

On Thu, Mar 29, 2001 at 08:09:23AM -0800, Mytho X wrote:
> Does anyone have experience in setting up a dual boot Solaris / Linux on
> a Sun UltraSparc 5?  I may be able to pick one up real cheap in a couple
> of weeks and would love to be able to put debian or possibly RedHat on
> it along with keeping Solaris on it.

I considered getting one of these before I got my Alpha; the run Linux
perfectly. I believe the onboard sound is supported by ALSA. Suns use a
variant on Open Firmware, which is one of the most advanced boot consoles
available on any hardware; Apple uses a broken version of it on Power
Macs. So dual-booting would not be a problem. Why don't you bring the
machine, if you get it, to the installest? I'd love to try working with one
of these! :-)

--
Henry House