Re: [vox-tech] Ultra DMA support

On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 06:32:42PM -0800, Joshua Poppe wrote:
> I think that I am going to try and use a rescue disk that has a compatable
> version of the kernel on it, and then follow the kernel HOWTO.  Thanks once
> again for the help.

Since you have a working boot CD and floppy, you can try to boot from the
kernel on one of these disks while mounting the hard drive as root
filesystem. If you can get a boot prompt (e.g., lilo) that lets you enter
kernel parameters, enter them as: 'root=/dev/hda1'. This means use
/dev/hda1 as the root filesystem (change to whatever you use).

--
Henry House