Re: [vox-tech] Re: [vox] Large File Support

On Tue 27 Mar 01,  1:45 PM, Micah Cowan said:
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 01:21:57PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > On Tue 27 Mar 01,  1:06 PM, Micah Cowan said:
> > >
> > > They did not create the problem
> > again, you're now arguing with the author of the ext2 file system:
> Then I'm arguing with the author of the ext2 file system.

ok, as long as we have it clear that you disagree with the author of the
ext2 filesystem about his own filesystem.  i hope you'll forgive me for
throwing my chips in with theodore ts'o.

i still maintain that fseekpos and fgetpos are no solution to the 2GB file
limit because of the wealth of legacy code out there.  you didn't comment on
that.

i'm giving you the last word because i have more important things to do.

peter

--
"Coffee... I've conquered the Borg on coffee!"               p@dirac.org
       -- Kathryn Janeway on the virtues of coffee           www.dirac.org/p