Re: [vox-tech] digital music speed

On Sun 11 Feb 01,  5:54 PM, Harry Souders said:
> On Thu, Feb 08, 2001 at 04:19:27PM -0800, Gabriel Rosa wrote:
> >
> > xmms has some pitch shifter plugins, as well as a whole lot of general
> > effects plugins. You might want to check www.xmms.org to see if anyone
> > has put their demonic tendencies into code :)
>
> xmms is an absolute linux  must have, but the program commented on
> several months ago was something else.
>
> BINGO!!!
> I remembered the program. It's:
>
> AlsaPlayer

i installed this a couple of days ago; i can increase the pitch and tempo
together, but not just the tempo.  i'm seeing only a few controls, but i
could've missed something.  can you describe how to increase the tempo
without the pitch?

i've found that snd can do what i want, but it's a klunky program; hard to
use, and the quality is just OK.  there's a bit of distortion when i
decrease the tempo, and there are a number of bugs (under woody) which i
reported.   :*(

pete

--
"It's a two-way street, but not for them to get into you."   p@dirac.org