Re: [vox-tech] ssh/telnet security question

On Tue 06 Feb 01,  4:01 PM, Jan Wynholds said:

> > if you can insure that the local net is absolutely
> > secure (like it's your
> > living room), then telnet between A and B then ssh
> > out onto the net from B
> > to C is perfectly safe from all sniffing attacks
> > with the one notable
> > exception of carnivore.   :-)
>
> Carnivore?  Isn't that the NSA's darling child?

yep.  oddly, we hear very little about it in the USA.  it's causing a world
wide outrage except here.

> Does > it decrypt SSH/SSL packets or sniff packets from
> behind a firewall?

this is the NSA we're talking about.  the great puzzle palace.  the same
people who helped bring you operation mkultra (mind control), haarp
(weather/atmosphere control) and tempest technology (eavesdropping on a
monitor by listening to the RF waves emitted by the CRT tube).

i have to admit, if they weren't so damned evil, they sound like a virtual
playground and a very cool job for anyone interested in geeky technology
and sci fi movies.

pete