[vox-tech] Help with dhclient

The man page suggests that you can specify the interface when running
dhclient, but when I append "eth1" (with or without quotes) to
/sbin/dhclient (as in the /etc/init.d/dhcp-client script), I get this:

Bind socket to interface: No such device

At the moment, dhcp is trying to bind to eth0 (this machine is the
server for a small home network) and l0.  Of course, it doesn't get
anywhere, and in the process I think was causing nmbd to spawn processes
until Hell wouldn't have them and the entire system locked up.  Needless
to say, samba has been removed from the system.

What should I be using to specify the interface.  The man page is most
unhelpful, and I cannot seem to get much out of the rfc.

Ideas, anyone?

TIA

Cam