Re: [vox-tech] lert and windows millenium

On Sun, 4 Feb 2001 jdnewmil@dcn.davis.ca.us wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Feb 2001, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
> > i want to report on a lert call i went to today to vox-tech.
> >
> > the task was to rescue a dual boot install which went sour.  the person used
> > fdisk to split up the windows partition.  needless to say, the partitions
> > weren't salvagable.
>
> I have never had this happen (in my "several" not "dozens" of times using
> FIPS).  Perhaps they used the old FIPs... that isn't designed for FAT32
> partitions.

Was there info on the partition that was split with fdisk?  I think that
was what destroyed all the data, so you couldn't do anything about it
anyway.

> Mmm... since Foo (??) helped set one up at the last IF, I guess that is
> supported.  You just, as always, have to install M$ first and then adjust
> partitions and then install Linux.

Yeah, I did a few of these, and this is the way to go if you had Win
installed.  I would still install Win first, so it won't mess with the
MBR and screw up lilo.

FL