January 6: Social gathering

Re: [vox-tech] learned a new bash thing today

Re: [vox-tech] learned a new bash thing today

Oh wait... it does work now :P  But like I said before, I can't use
Esc-j/k anymore.  I'd like to be able to use both, like in Vim :(

I normally like Esc-j/k, but if I'm holding a drink or something I'd like
to be able to use the arrow keys...

-Mark

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, Ted Deppner wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 03, 2001 at 12:34:04PM -0800, Mark Kim wrote:
> > On Fri, 2 Feb 2001, Micah Cowan wrote:
> > > The relevent part for your ~/.inputrc file is relatively straightforward:
> > > "\e[A": previus-history
> > > "\e[B": next-history
> >
> > Looking at my ~/.inputrc, I see that I've tried it then commented it out
> > -- probably because it doesn't work.  Peter confirms it :(
>
> Yup, doesn't work.  The problem is that \e in inputrc overrides the
> "set -o vi" mode's use of the ESC char.  I'm sure you could write the rest
> of the inputrc to reassign all the vi keys, but that'd get messy.
>
> I for one don't mind not using the arrow keys, as my hands can stay on the
> keyboard -- the whole purpose of VI's key definitions in the first place.
>
> --
> Ted Deppner
> http://www.psyber.com/~ted/

---