Re: [vox-tech] Next meeting...

> i would *love* to do a talk on kernel compile.  i've been playing some major
> footsey with the kernel lately.  i've learned a lot of new things since the
> last time i gave the talk.  i now know the officially correct way to have
> multiple copies of the same kernel version on a machine without bumping into
> module and system map problems.

I would like to attend a talk like that. I've yet to find a good
description of what the hell the System.map is. I had someone explain it
to me, but I've never seen it in writing.

I think it would be useful to a lot of people if you could explain the
whole process and the files involved. initrd, lilo.conf, conf.modules,
etc. I'm sure there are a lot of people whose only experience with kernel
upgrades has been with RPM or some other package manager.

--
Dale Bewley - Bewley Internet Solutions Inc. http://bewley.net/