Re: [vox-tech] Next meeting...

  • Subject: Re: [vox-tech] Next meeting...
  • From: Peter Jay Salzman <p@dirac.orMAPSg>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:07:04 -0800

On Wed 28 Feb 01,  9:07 AM, Mytho X said:

> For example go over the basic commands, special characters, shell
> functions, etc...  Or how to compile a kernel even (Pete hint, hint).

i would *love* to do a talk on kernel compile.  i've been playing some major
footsey with the kernel lately.  i've learned a lot of new things since the
last time i gave the talk.  i now know the officially correct way to have
multiple copies of the same kernel version on a machine without bumping into
module and system map problems.

unfortunately, i have to teach physics 9C during the next meeting.   :(

i HATE having to miss half the meetings this quarter.  the only good thing
about teaching night classes is parking.  now that i drive an engine
attached to 4 wheels, i realize what a bitch parking is.

there's ALWAYS parking for a motorcycle.  tests your faith in the rain
though.  :)

pete