Re: [vox-tech] Re: email question?

On Tue 27 Feb 01,  1:01 PM, Micah Cowan said:

> Pete, vrfy is usually switched off.  I note that it is on for gnu.org
> :)

kinda sorta.  although, i would highly disagree with the word "usually".
i did a little experiment:

turned on                  turned off
---------------------      --------------
debian.org                 mother.com
most of *.ucdavis.edu      mail.mp3.com
mail.sex.com               mail.altavista.com
mail.orgy.com              mail.msnbc.com
mail.linux.com             networksolutions.com
lesbian.com                mail.eff.org
hp.com                     mail.freshmeat.org
telnet.org
www.metalsludge.com
mail.sourceforget.net
your employer, micah[*]

[*] whaddya know. there's a p@neon.transmeta.com. can you introduce us?  :)
     we p's are tortured souls.  i was thinking of starting a support group.

JOOC, does rset throw the mail out of the queue?  or does the mail still get
delivered?

pete