[vox-tech] Mice on Linux on Macs (was: re: Pasting From Netscape)

[vox-tech] Mice on Linux on Macs (was: re: Pasting From Netscape)

> This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask Harry, since he
> enjoys using Linux on Macs.

You can get 3-button mice for Macs.  In fact, we used them at my school
(SSU) so that using the X server software under MacOS (so we could run
our Unix graphical apps remotely) was easier.

You could use the X server software with single-button mice, but you needed
to use modifier keys to get 2nd and 3rd buttons.

You could also use the 3-button mice under MacOS (using special software)
so you could use them for things like keypresses, scrolling, double-clicks,
or stuff like that.