Re: [vox-tech] Pasting From Netscape

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 10:24:18AM -0800, Nicole Carlson wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Feb 2001, William Kendrick wrote:
> > Ah-hah! :)   Hehe... I think technically, a two-button mouse only has
> > buttons 1 and 3, and button 2 is emulated.
>
> *boggle*
>
> How about Macs?  Is the Unibutton button 1, 2, or 3?  :)
>
> --nicole twn

This brings up a question I've been meaning to ask Harry, since he
enjoys using Linux on Macs.   When I've got money to buy a laptop to
run Linux on, I was considering getting a Mac; but I wondered how the
three buttons were handled?  Is it by using modifier keys (a la Mac
OS's contextual menus)?  Because if it is, that would modify the
behavior of a few (somewhat rare) programs which depend on one of the
three buttons plus a modifier key.

I was raised on Macs and can be a bit nostalgic - plus, I wouldn't
mind having the ability to test any cross-platform apps I might desire
to write!

Micah